Wednesday, February 14, 2007

There's a First Time for Everything

So as you can see I decided to join the blogosphere by creating my own blog. It's not much right now but I hope to change that, as I will be continually updating its appearance.

After a couple of days, I finally came up with the name of "Abandon Caution". I attempted to integrate subjects that interest me, things I plan on blogging about, and that personal touch (as if the others weren't personal too). Yes my last name is Caution (I've been told it's of Scottish origins). So for the first time in my life, I've decided to cash-in on the word. More often than not my blog will be devoted to philosophy, specifically Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism. I am no expert on the subject simply a student. Taking the idea of moral evaluations being either black or white, I've applied them to the idea of a stop light where yellow is known to be "yield". This concept of caution applied to the field of ethics, and more broadly philosophy in general, could be thought of as "grayness". This theme is the idea I encourage those who read my blog to abandon. Instead I hope to show that an objective basis for evaluation is necessary.

1 comments:

Michael Caution said...

testing comments