Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pop Culture Spotlight


For my personal enjoyment, I find the time to watch certain tv shows. One of them being, Lost. Television shows like Lost are a welcomed retreat and a great alternative to any reality or game show to date. Its engaging plotline and characters keeps you coming back for more every week.

While their attempts to explore themes such reason vs. faith are trying at best, Lost doesn't reveal every detail, which leaves the audience wondering if a resolution is going to be presented. But I suppose so long as they remain "lost" such resolutions will be out of grasp.

However, in the closing moments on Wednesday's Lost episode "Par Avion", there is a passing clip of Josh Holloway's character, James "Sawyer" Ford, reading Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. I'm sure there's a better picture somewhere, but I make due with what I have. It's nice to see there is still such a cultural influence by Miss Rand.


Update: Replaced photo with shot of book cover.

0 comments: